Great news KFC Big Bash League fans … BBL Fantasy is back, bigger and better than ever.
Sign up HERE!
After an enormous BBL|05 Fantasy season, we’re all set for another bumper season – here's the key information you need to know.
- Player price changes will take effect immediately following Round 1. This will allow you to upgrade rookie-priced players earlier in an attempt to build your perfect team.
- Fantasy players will be selecting a squad of 16 players: seven batsmen, two wicketkeepers and seven bowlers, with a starting XI consisting of five batsmen, one wicketkeeper and five bowlers.
- Allrounders can be selected either as a batsman or bowler. This has been done to reflect the reality of choosing a cricket team and increase trading options at the conclusion of each round to allow for byes and other anomalies in the BBL fixture.
- Visual indicators alert Fantasy players which players have been selected in the squad and which players are selected in the final XI.
- With a rolling lock-out each and every round, Fantasy players can continue to edit players in their squad right up until that match is scheduled to get underway.
- Fantasy players can play in up to 10 head-to-head leagues and 10 unlimited-size groups.
- In addition to the traditional eight-team head-to-head leagues, you can create or join private leagues of four teams.
- Round results will be processed at the conclusion of the final match of each round, allowing Fantasy players to start trading and setting up their team for the next round.
- One simple change this season: bowlers are now awarded one point for every dot ball they bowl.
So there you have it – your favourite Fantasy competition refreshed and better than ever!
And don’t forget the prizemoney:
- $10k for overall winner
- $500 for round winner
- $6k for winning league (to be split evenly among participants)
- 2 x premium memberships for winning the Supporter League of the team you support/nominate
Stay tuned for team-by-team previews as the BBL|06 season draws closer.